Pacific Ridge School's 35,265 square foot, state-of-the art athletic facility is one of the largest high school athletic centers in San Diego. A modern, mixed-use building, it accommodates not only athletic contests and sports training, but also school assemblies and informal meetings.
The Athletic Center includes the following features:
- 17,600 square foot gymnasium space
- Three regulation volleyball/basketball courts for practice, competitive, and tournament play
- Motorized telescoping bleachers, seating 500 fans
- Large spaces for school and community assemblies, dances, performances, and other events
- 1,500 square foot strength and conditioning room with up-to-date equipment for cardio, aerobic, and weight training
- Training room equipped for preventative sports medicine and rehabilitation
- Conference room for team meetings and game film viewing
- Coaching workroom with a direct sightline to the athletic field and the gymnasium
- Student locker rooms with dedicated season lockers
Reflecting Pacific Ridge School's commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability, the Athletic Center is 100% LEED Gold compliant.
Pacific Ridge is home to a regulation-size artificial turf soccer and lacrosse field for hosting both interscholastic competitions and physical education classes. The field is flanked on one side by a 150 foot, 3-lane sprint practice track and elevated spectator seating. Adjacent to the field is a 30,000 square foot grass practice area for warm-up exercises and drills.