All parents of Pacific Ridge School students are members of the Pacific Ridge Parents Association (PA). The Parents Association’s purpose is to support school programming, provide parent enrichment and social opportunities for parents, and help organize special school events, all of which enable families stay connected to the school community. All parents are welcome and encouraged to participate in Parents Association programs.
Volunteering is a great way to engage in the life of the school and enhance the sense of our school community. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities with the Parents Association, please email us here. There are both small and larger ways to participate throughout the school year. All assistance is warmly welcomed and appreciated.
- Welcome Coffee - Hosted on the first day of school, this morning coffee is a great opportunity to meet or re-connect with other Pacific Ridge parents and learn more about the Parents Association’s activities, as well as opportunities to get involved.
- Fall Grade-Level Parent Parties – Socials for all parents to get to know other families in their child’s grade
- Supper Club – The Parents Association assigns those parents interested in participating to a “Supper Club,” which is a small gatherings of parents who meet generally three to four times during the school year at a restaurant or participant's home. The Parents Association also organizes a Supper Club kick-off event in the Fall and an end of school year Supper Club celebration generally held in the Spring,
- Grade-Level Parent Social Meet-Ups – Informal social gatherings for parents to attend throughout the school year
- Firebird Tailgates – Barbecues for students and parents prior to athletic events, held several times per school year
- Book Club - Meets 4-6 times per year to socialize and discuss books selected by the club
- Walking Club Meets 1-2 times per month with various walks around North County
- General Meetings – Held 3-4 times per year for parents to learn information from administrators and students about school initiatives and programming, including an annual panel of graduating seniors, as well as a questions and answers session with a panel of alumni
- Speaker Series – Providing presentations to parents and families on topics of interest pertaining to school-aged children.
PA-Sponsored School Events
- Fall Fest – An autumn-themed festival for the school community at which students highlight and raise funds for their service learning groups and clubs
- Gingerbread Breakfast – A student/teacher/alumni event held on campus the day before winter break providing a special breakfast and student performances
- Teacher / Staff Appreciation Lunch – A special meal to celebrate and acknowledge school employees
PA School & Community Support
- Used Uniform Sales – A parent-managed used uniform program hosting sales several times per year
- Book Buddies – An online clearinghouse for sale and purchase of used Pacific Ridge textbooks
- Family Community Service Projects – An opportunity for families to join together to support organizations in our community